Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is beginning another year as a member of The Tuition Exchange (TE) program. The TE program enables dependent children of full-time employees to apply for undergraduate scholarships at participating member institutions. Approximately 700 national colleges and universities participate in the TE program. The list can be viewed on their website: https://www.tuitionexchange.org/
If you and your child are interested in applying to the TE program you will be required to complete the four steps below:
- Review the TE policy and complete the Saint Mary’s Tuition Exchange Application. The application and policy are on the Benefits section on our HR webpage.
- Submit the Saint Mary’s application with a $35 check to the HR Office. Electronic signatures are acceptable.
- Visit https://www.tuitionexchange.org/ and complete their online application (you may select up to 10 schools).
- Your child must apply for admission to each school of interest.
The following information is specific to Saint Mary’s membership with The Tuition Exchange:
- Dependent children of full-time employees are eligible to apply for tuition scholarships at member schools of The Tuition Exchange.
- Applications are reviewed based on the employee’s seniority and other qualifications per the policy.
- Decisions are communicated in November.
If you have applied in past years but have not been awarded a scholarship, you will need to submit a new application to be reconsidered for Fall 2024.
Saint Mary’s is no longer requiring recertification in March for current Tuition Exchange participants. We will recertify based on continued employment and the import school will recertify based on their criteria for the continuation of the student.
Saint Mary’s University is also a member of the Catholic College Cooperative Tuition Exchange. You can find information for this program on the HR website under the Benefits link, at http://www.cccte.org/ or through the Financial Aid Office on the Winona Campus. There is not an application deadline for CCCTE.