As we approach Spring break (Feb. 28-March 4), I write to share information about COVID-19 mitigation measures you may want to consider over the break. Please plan carefully to protect your own, your family’s, and your fellow students’ wellness. Despite decreasing COVID-19 cases, according to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Minnesota and its surrounding states are still at high risk of COVID-19 transmission. Those levels of spread necessitate taking extra care.
You can lower your risk of exposure to COVID-19 while on break by:
- Wearing a high-quality, well-fitted mask (N95 or KN95) in crowded indoor and outdoor settings. .
- Wearing a high-quality, well-fitted mask (N95 or KN95) around people who don’t live with you.
- Wearing a high-quality, well-fitted mask (N95 or KN95) over your nose and mouth during travel in areas where COID-19 transmission is substantial or high.
When you travel:
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from anyone who is not from your household.
- Wear a high-quality, well-fitted mask (N95 or KN95) to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not travel with someone who is sick.
- Use drive-thru, delivery, take-out, and curbside pick-up for safe food options or eat outside if you are able.
- Make a plan for what you will do if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 when traveling.
Have a safe and relaxing break!
Together we are stronger. Together we are Saint Mary’s.