A gentle reminder that the university’ posting policy requires prior approval of all items posted on university bulletin boards. The policy provides as follows:
Banners, signs, posters, etc. should never be placed on the grounds of the campus (outside) without prior approval by the senior vice president or their designee and at no time should be placed on the walking bridge over highway 14 or the main entrance.
Postings should never be placed on tables, desks, or study carrels around campus, the dining hall or Cardinal Club without approval from the Office of R.I.S.E.
No postings may be taped to windows, room doors, interior or exterior walls, other doors, trees, sidewalks, or any other place other than the areas designated for postings.
All postings must include the name of the sponsoring organization and may never be hung over other postings or display cases.
All postings not within a residence hall must be approved and stamped by the Office of R.I.S.E. The R.I.S.E. Office is located in the lower level of the Toner Student Center, Room 8A.
Postings in residence halls must be approved and stamped by the Office of Residence Life. The Office of Residence Life is located in Griffin Hall, Rooms 195 and 197.
Failure to abide by these instructions will result in removal of posting.
Non-Saint Mary’s sponsored clubs / organizations / academic areas or outside individuals / vendors may not promote events or products for sale using any Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota bulletin board unless they are authorized to do so by the Office of R.I.S.E.
General Areas to post:
- Bulletin boards located throughout the campus, including the Toner Student Center. Only use push pins (i.e., not poster putty, tape, or other adhesive) to hang posters.
- The main bulletin board opposite the stairs on the first floor of Mary’s Hall is reserved for current academic and administrative postings only.
Residence Hall Areas to post:
- Postings are limited to bulletin boards or areas approved by the senior vice president or their designee.
- Postings are not allowed on walls.
- Postings should not be hung with anything other than sticky tack or push pins on bulletin boards.
- Residence life staff will remove non-approved items.
We have observed a number of posters on bulletin boards that have not been stamped by the Office of R.I.S.E., indicating approval of the posting. Hence, this gentle reminder to use the process outlined above. Thank you for your cooperation.