Looking for a way to be involved in campus life while joining a fun, energetic team, build your resume, and help with personal finances all at the same time? Apply to be a resident assistant for 2024-2025 today!
Applications to become a resident assistant for the 2024-2025 academic year are now open. Please use this link to apply. Applications are due January 22, 2024 for new applicants with the interview process beginning on January 25, 2024.
RAs are an essential part of our student residential experience. Living and working directly with the residents of a hall, RAs establish a safe and engaging community, while building relationships and offering resources.
This unique leadership position provides the RA with an opportunity to further develop skills that are vital for success in many areas of life. We work hard and have fun while growing and developing as a team and as individuals.
Applicants must have a minimum of one completed college semester of live-in experience in a residence hall. Also, must be enrolled in at least 12, but no more than 18, hours of academic credit each semester and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and a 2.5 semester GPA.
- Share responsibility for weekday and weekend evening area coverage
- Attend and contribute to individual and team meetings along with workshops and/or training sessions as specified by the Office of Residence Life
- Participate in hall opening weekend in August/September and graduation weekend hall closings in April/May
- Participate in hall closings during all university breaks
- Assist with first-year move-in day
- Respond to emergency situations by making use of appropriate resources and contacting appropriate university personnel. In the case of long absences, sickness, accidents and/or unusual behavior, the RA is expected to report the situation to their Hall Director immediately
- Maintain open communication with the Hall Director
- Plan and implement hall and campus programs as directed by the Office of Residence Life
- Create bulletin boards and door decorations for your assigned hall/floor
- Maintain the physical aspects of the hall to ensure cleanliness and report any needed repairs
- Uphold all university policies and document situations when appropriate
- Help promote the RA position throughout the staff selection process
- Outside activities are encouraged but must be limited in order to provide ample time to the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or Office of Residence Life
Contact the Office of Residence Life (email@example.com) with any questions.