Interested in a career in medical research? RSVP to join Gundersen’s Medical Research Program Coordinator, Tony Larson, for an information session to learn about the Gundersen Health System Summer Research Fellowship.
Wednesday, October 18
12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
Gundersen Medical Foundation’s Student Summer Research Fellowship will help each student develop an understanding of medical research in a community-based clinical setting. They will utilize commonly used experimental designs for medical research studies, thereby gaining insight into disease processes and helping to improve patient outcomes.
– Extensive job shadowing
– Detailed learning curriculum
– Simulation labs
– Interview skills workshops
– Interaction with medical and research staff
– Junior standing in college by Spring 2024
– Overall GPA of at least 3.2
– Interest in pursuing an advanced degree or working in a medical field
Fellowship runs from May 28th – August 9th, 2024
There are two opportunities available and applications are now being accepted:
- Summer Research Fellowship: Up to 6 positions available to conduct medical research in a clinical setting, leading to a podium presentation and potential publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Summer Research Fellowship in Microbiology: 1 position is available to gain experience working in a microbiology research lab, focusing on molecular methods of bacteriophage characterization.
Attend the information session and then come and meet with representatives from Gundersen Health System at the 10th Annual Career & Internship Fair on Wednesday, October 25th.