As we approach Easter break , here is some information about COVID-19 mitigation measures you may want to consider over the short break. Please plan carefully to protect your own, your family’s, and your fellow students’ wellness. We are seeing an uptick in both student and employee COVID-19 cases on the Winona campus. The B.A.2 Omicron subvariant is increasing across the United States and in Minnesota. Our goal is to make it through commencement without the need to reinstate masking on campus.
We strongly encourage all students and employees to do an at-home COVID-19 rapid test before returning to campus after Easter break. If you are an employee and test positive, please report that to email@example.com. Do not return to work. If you are a College student and test positive, please report that to covid_smumn.edu or use this form. Do not travel back to campus.
You can lower your risk of exposure to COVID-19 while on break by:
- Wearing a high-quality, well-fitted mask (N95 or KN95) in crowded indoor and outdoor settings. .
- Wearing a high-quality, well-fitted mask (N95 or KN95) around people who don’t live with you.
- Wearing a high-quality, well-fitted mask (N95 or KN95) over your nose and mouth during travel in areas where COID-19 transmission is substantial or high.
When you travel:
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from anyone who is not from your household.
- Wear a high-quality, well-fitted mask (N95 or KN95) to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not travel with someone who is sick.
Have a safe and relaxing break!
Together we are stronger. Together we are Saint Mary’s.