Career Services is excited to partner with Anne Pryor, Saint Mary’s alumna, and a top globally recognized LinkedIn Authority, known as the “LinkedIn Whisperer” to offer two virtual LinkedIn workshops for students in February. Students must RSVP in advance through Handshake. Space is limited!
LinkedIn Workshop 1: How To Write Your LinkedIn Profile To Look Great And Be Found For Great Jobs
Monday, February 13 from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. via Zoom.
During this workshop you will learn more about how to create a branded and search-engine-optimized LinkedIn profile to be found by recruiters, hiring managers, and human resources professionals and to create a network of contacts that open new opportunities.
You will learn and experience hands-on:
- How to set the Privacy and Settings
- Best practices and hands-on working session on how to create an optimized LinkedIn profile
- How recruiters find you and use your profile to reach out
- How to identify and describe your specific skills for recruiters and hiring managers
- To incorporate new areas in LinkedIn Accomplishments to add more relevant content to your profile (Projects, Awards, Organizations, etc.)
- LinkedIn Etiquette, tips, and tricks
RSVP to LinkedIn Workshop 1 by Friday, February 10
Advanced LinkedIn Workshop 2: Tips On How To Really Use LinkedIn Advanced For Successful Job Search
Monday, February 27 from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. via Zoom.
This workshop is for those who currently have started a LinkedIn profile. You will learn Anne Pryor’s proven strategies to:
- LEVERAGE LINKEDIN FOR SUCCESS
- Search for People – Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Network Contacts
- Search for Great Jobs + What to Do Next
- Search for Targeted Companies + Follow
- Search and Participate in Groups
- Understand How to Curate Content with Pulse / News
- How to Find Articles and Authors to Follow
- GET KNOWN: COMMUNICATE YOUR BRAND
- Participate in Groups, Start Discussions
- How to Post in the Status Bar
- What and How to Like, Comment, Share
- Where and What to Put in the Media Rich Format
- Introduction to the Long Form Publishers Tool
- 10 MINUTES a DAY for SUCCESS
- How Many People to Connect with Daily
- MEASURE FOR SUCCESS
- Monitor and Adjust
Requirements: Your LinkedIn profile should be at least 75% complete before attending.
RSVP to LinkedIn Workshop 2 by Friday, February 24
BIO ANNE PRYOR, M.A.
Anne Pryor, known as the “LinkedIn Whisperer” is a nationally recognized LinkedIn Expert who has coached and training over 250,000 people on how to leverage LinkedIn for successful jobs and profitable business opportunities. She has trained job seekers, executives, sales and marketing leaders, HR, recruiters, physicians, and attorneys.
She has been quoted in Forbes, numerous books, been a guest on MPR Radio, and is a sought-out speaker on all things LinkedIn, Online Branding and Connection. A former senior level marketing executive at Fortune 500 corporations, ESOP and private companies Anne knows the value of meaningful connections in job search, networking, and business development.
Anne holds a Master of Arts in Human Development, Transformational Leadership and Holistic Health and Wellness from St. Mary’s University and a BA in Business from SMSU. She is the creator of Lovitude™ and has presented on The Shift Network, IANDS and the Hallmark Channel, Home & Family Show.